No...you are not seeing things! I changed my blog. Congratulations Holly!
I have a great job. I like it...most days. Today I like it because I am choosing to do 'research'. Research is a loose term in my mind and can include all varieties of things like, investigating, purusing, laughing, reading, writing, etc. My research today included all of those things.
The hot new wave of social media allowed me to "research" blogs today. It also allowed me to rationalize changing my own blog and figuring out how all of you change your templates and make things look pretty, cool and exciting. I figured hey, if I'm going to have to read blogs, I better know how they work. So I figured out how to work mine. I've hated my template for a while now. And my new template will probably become very out-dated, very quickly seeing as it says 'Merry Christmas' on it, but I chose it soley based on the fact that the title of it was "Holly Jolly." Who doesn't want to pick a blog template with their very own name in it? I'm proud of myself for figuring it out. I've never been the most tech savvy girl in the world, I guess college did me good.
I really like the people I work with. I'm lucky. Me and my BFAW (inside joke that stands for Best Friend at Work) do fun things all the time that make working our life away much easier. These things include:
- Office dance parties
- The dictionary.com game
- "Strategic planning" sessions
- Lunch breaks in the cabana
- Prank phone calls
- Conference calls in which we put the people on mute and sometimes throw our own agenda items into the mix
- Funny inter-office IM conversations, using as many emoticons as possible usually makes for the best conversations
These are just a few of my favorite office past times. Recently me and said co-worker thought it would be fun to put project "Test the Limits" into place. This would be really funny, but could also potentially help us lose our jobs.
We have a really great boss. He helps us on projects whenever we need him, he has great ideas and he let's us know when we've done something great. He gives us treats on holidays and occassionally does funny things for us. However, confrontation...not his thing. We thought it would be funny to see what kinds of things we could get away with and because he dislikes confrontation SO much he would just never say anything to us. Here is the list of things we want to try so far, but won't actually try because neither of us are brave enough, and turns out we really DO care about our jobs.
- Dress code: become lax in dress standards, start wearing jeans, maybe show up in scrubs one day. I wore a pair of Ugg boots and a skirt to work one day and that is when the idea of project "Test the limits" was born because my co-worker took one look at my outfit and said, "Holly you're really pushin' it today."
- Office nap time. Shut the door and take a nap.
- Rest your head on the desk and become flustered if anyone tries to come into your office to talk to you.
- Use the wheelchairs to wheel each other to and from the cafeteria for lunch.
- Postpone publishing the weekly newsletter by at least one week.
- Start head bobbing in large meetings.
- Come in with "swine flu" and visit as many floors as possible.
- Inviting a homeless man to sleep in your office on really cold nights.
- Excessive texting during meetings and only respond to your name after they've tried to get your attention twice.
- Mass emailing disparging comments about other people and/or races (our co-worker actually already did that.)
- When cleaning off the office bulletin board taking all the push pins out and letting the papers fall to the ground and just leave them on the floor and blame someone else.
That is the list we've come up with so far. Maybe one day if we feel so inclined to get fired we'll start trying all of those things. I am glad me and my BFAW make work more fun, because I am that girl who works.
1 comments:
WOOOOOOOO! Yay for an updated blog. And I LOVED your ideas of things to push the limits at work. bwaahahahahaa! I'm so happy (and jealous) that you love your job and have a BFAW. :)
see you SOON!
Post a Comment