Thursday, October 22, 2009

That girl who loves being a sister...

I was on BYU campus today to hear our CNO deliver a lecture to the nursing students. I was walking around on campus with students all around me, the air was perfectly fall and it was brilliantly sunny outside. I had to stop and ask a nice girl for directions to the JFSB. It made me long to be a student again. I sat in the classroom and wanted to be a student even more as I was engrossed in the lecture and didn't mind that I had to take notes so I could later write a story on the event.

The best part was I later caught up with my lil' sis in the library. I could tell she was having a bad day. We sat in the corner of the library and I distracted her for a solid 40 minutes before she had to go to class. We sat and made jokes and laughed ourselves silly right there in the library. It was wonderful. We shared a PB&J sandwich (okay, I ate most of it, such a sharing sister I have). Those are the moments I love. Again I wanted to be a college student, living with my little sister. I love the moments that I am with her and she makes me feel young, fun and 21 again. It was one of those moments where you know people around you are watching and they're a little annoyed because you are probably being obnoxious, but at the same time they are jealous because they can see how much fun you're having. Then we walked outside and this gangster rap music started playing and this hip hop group started dancing in the courtyard. I looked at her and immediately said, "can they play music like this at BYU!?" She laughed and both of us without skipping a beat started running over to the dancers to watch. I started doing my own dance moves to the music, she was embarrassed. I love my baby sister. I am that girl who loves being a big sister.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT?! You blog????

Anonymous said...

Oh and that's a really cute story. :)

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

What a fun day...I Miss College and I miss BYU! Loved the story and it took me out of my life for a moment, remembering fun moments like that. Your a great big sister!

Laura said...

Cute story! I think you should blog everyday because that made my day! Everyone needs a big sister- will you be mine?

Wills Family Blog said...

You are a great sister, neice, daughter, friend, the list could go on and on. Three cheers for HollyAnn!!! You rock! Love ya'
Keep blogging more!

Martie and Chad said...

I love, love, love you!!! Keep blogging my Holls (?????)!!!

Martie