Monday, May 10, 2010

Orange Cones...

I was talking to my friend on the phone the other day and for the first five minutes I complained about the orange cones surrounding me. She suggested maybe I should blog about it. So here I am.

I can't escape them. They are on both major streets running east and west of my house and worst of all, on the major street running north and south. I tried escaping them by going down to state street one day and bam...to my dismay orange cones had magically appeared. One day I tried using a street further east and same thing, orange cones right in my direction of travel. It's like they're haunting me.

To make matters worse my commute route to work is undergoing the largest construction project in the nation for the next two years.

I just can't figure out why the city can't fix one street and move to the next. Instead, they rip all the streets up on every side of me and leave me with no orange cone escape route.

Oh well. Perhaphs I'll have to stop complaining and just get used to the beautiful bright orange.

-that girl who is surrounded by orange cones

p.s. Did I fail to mention I got pulled over for speeding in a construction zone the other day? Ouch.

4 comments:

angi bradley said...

I agree on the whole orange cone thing... I totally think they should coordinate with all of the surrounding projects so that each street has a different color. Purple on this street, magenta the next. Better yet, just make them all rainbow. Maybe it'd make the commute a HAPPY thing??

Adrienne said...

Holls,

I feel your pain with the stupid orange cones. Driving south each day in my commute, they are all over the place. Lets boycott. We will become stay at home people. The reason? Too many orange cones.

Anonymous said...

hehehehe. I love that you blogged about this. I feel honored in some twisted way. :)

Blake and Jenn said...

Holly! How are you? I had to laugh when I read this. I drove to Santaquin the other night and on my way home I saw EIGHT cops! It was ridiculous! I'm totally with you on the orange cones thing! I'm sorry you have to drive that to work!!

When you're not driving to and from Provo, let's get together sometime. It's been awhile!!